The Board of Trustees of the Johnsburg Public Library District offers the use of the library's meeting room to non-profit groups for educational, cultural, and civic purposes free of charge, provided such meetings are open to the general public. For-profit groups may use the room upon payment of $50 per meeting. The library and the Board of Trustees do not support any position taken by any group by virtue of allowing a group to use the public meeting room.
1. Permission to use the library's public meeting room will be based on the following considerations:
- Library-associated groups will have preference over other groups.
- No admission fee may be charged, no fund raising event may be held, and no sale of any kind can take place without permission of the Library Director.
- Only the library and library-associated groups may use the public meeting room more than once a week. The room may not be reserved more than 3 months in advance without the permission of the Library Director.
- A representative or representatives of the group or organization must accept personal responsibility for all damages and financial loss occurring through the group's or organization's use of the public meeting room facilities.
- The room will not be available for use when the library is closed.
- Child care is not available in any area of the library. Parents must make arrangements for taking care of their children while they are attending the meeting.
- No phone calls, messages, documents, or faxes will be accepted by the library staff for those administering or attending meetings.
- Groups composed of children under the age of 18 must have adequate supervision.
- Meeting room use which would interfere with normal library activities and work because of noise and other factors will not be permitted.
2. Any of the above conditions may be waived by the Library Director in consultation with the Board of Trustees.
3. Use of Public Meeting Room Facilities:
- Beverages other than water are not allowed in the meeting room.
- All groups and organizations are responsible for arranging the room for their use and for leaving all facilities in the same condition as they find them. If library staff has to clean up the room, a $50 janitor fee will be assessed.
- No group shall be permitted to store equipment on library property.
- Absolutely no smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages, use of controlled substances, or activities which are inherently dangerous are permitted.
- Groups using the meeting room must comply with ADA and are responsible for providing qualified interpreters or auxiliary aids upon request.
4. Permission to use the library's public meeting room may be denied if the group or organization has used the room in the past and failed to follow public meeting room use policies.
- Suspension of Use- The library Board of Trustees may suspend the use of library facilities by individuals pursuant to Illinois State statute, and normally such suspension will be for a specific length of time. The library may provide specific regulations pursuant to statute for persons committing offenses with library property on the library grounds. (Sec. 1004-11 (14))